Saturday, May 5, 2012

Week to Week Schedule


I was listening to my amazing sister-in-law Amanda talk about her life of balancing 5 kids (scouts, activity days, soccer, baseball, dance, gymnastics, choir...homework, meals, cleaning, packing lunches...the list goes on and on) I began to realize how relaxed my life is. Someday I'm going to look back and wonder "what did I do with all my time with only one child?" So- I decided to record what an average week is like. It will be interesting to remember one day.

Dali wakes up at 7 am every morning- Pete usually gets up with her and watches a show and feeds her breakfast while I go to the gym or sleep. He spoils me.

Dali takes a nap every day from about 1:30-3

Flying kites at the park for FHE
Monday: Mondays are always cleaning and laundry days. I usually have 3 or 4 loads to do and usually by the end of the day its all done, folded, and put away. Seems like that takes all day with taking breaks to play and take care of Adaliah. It's 5:00 and time to start dinner and prepare a FHElesson. Adaliah loves Family night. Pete taught her to chant "Family Night, Family Night..." over and over. It cracks us up. We usually do a short lesson, an activity, and then a treat.




Tuesday: Tuesday we go to Mom and Me Story Time at the Library at 11:00. Adaliah loves it. After Story time we usually run errands (bank, post office, get gas...ext) and then pick Pete up from work for lunch. We either just hang out or get things done off our to-do list (yard work, home improvements.. ext) Tuesday nights Adaliah gets a baby sitter and I go to ballet from 6:00-8:00, then we go pick Pete up from work.
Adaliah at story time "fishing" after a fun day of books and songs and about fishes and  sea creatures.

Adaliah all worn out from our shopping tirp
Wednesday: Wednesday I try to go to the gym in the morning. During the day I pay bills and work on finances. I track EVERY dollar we spend with the YNAB budget program- so it takes a little time to get caught up for the week. I also print my shopping list off "Deals to Meals" and make my food menu for the week. Then Adaliah and I go to Walmart and do the price match shopping trip which takes a pretty long time- but worth it because of the money we save. Then its time to come home and make dinner! Pete usually golfs on Wednesdays during lunch so we dont see him until that night around 6:00 or 7:00.

Thursday: Adaliah has her dance class in the morning at 10:00. Then the rest of the day is spent deep cleaning and playing. Pete comes home for lunch so it's fun to have some dad time. Pete works late Thursday nights too- so Adaliah and I usually get together with friends that night. (Usually Robin and Sienna. Robins husband works with Pete so they have the same schedule which works out nice)

Adaliah at her dance class
Friday: I try to go the gym in the morning. Then it's just another un-planned day I guess. Pete usually golfs so we don't see him until that night. Adaliah and I love reading books together, coloring, playing play-dough, playing outside on warm days...
Friday night almost always get together with friends.
Adaliah and Kayden playing. Ben and Ashley our their little guy Kayden are some Friday night regulars.

Wow- writing it down makes it seem like life is a piece of cake. I usually baby sit for friends or neighbors once or twice a week, visiting teaching, and sometimes trips to Provo to visit my sister Mary....there are a few more things.
Baby sitting our cute neighbor Abby

But I guess in general my life is pretty easy and breezy.  Someday when I have 6 crazy children running around and not a moment of "me time" I'll miss these days...so i better enjoy it while it lasts.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bekah! you are such an amazing mother and wife. it's fun to get a peek into your daily schedule. and i look forward to the day when you have six littles running around. you. are. INCREDIBLE!

Brittany said...

This is a good idea. Life happens so quickly - it's fun to map out what takes our time. I know you are a wonderful mom...but I'm also super impressed with your Budget Program and working out so often. You go girl!

The Ackerman Family said...

Bekah...you are so sweet. If you saw the craziness and realized how much falls through the cracks and how stressed I get with our business, you wouldn't say "amazing" when describing me! But thanks! :) You have set up good habits that will help you as you add kids and get busier...good for you! I love YNAB! You are amazing! I'm glad to see you are enjoying this time with Dali because it goes too quick, as I am sure you are finding out. I miss those days before my kids started school when our days were SO FLEXIBLE!!! I hope you are feeling OK! Love Ya!